Service Delivery Manager – Network Lab
Location: San Francisco, USA
Job Roles and Responsibilities
• SDM shall be responsible for specific Services and team members such that they may be an initial point of contact regarding deficiencies in specific Services or worker performance, including failures with respect to level of service.
• Ensure standard operating procedures (SOP) comport with the following:
• Establish and maintain SOPs used to govern completion of the services. SOPs shall be a “living” document and kept regularly updated
• Shall perform root-cause/corrective action (RCCA) analyses in cases where Services are not provided in accordance with SOPs.
• Responsible to manage lab operations, and team of engineers and manage completion of the Services.
• Manage team such as shift scheduling, ensuring reported hours worked are accurate, mentoring, training, and one-on-ones to check-in with each worker frequently regarding their workloads and any assistance they require.
• Oversee training/new hire onboarding
• Responsible for recruiting, selecting and onboarding qualified candidates for the team as on required
• Responsible for the training/onboarding of new team members
• Develop a training program based on the SOPs, with input from the Project Manager.
• Be responsible as a single-point-of-contact for program issues, escalations, change management, feedback, reporting, metrics monitoring, and oversight of day-to-day work.
• Regularly communicate with the client manager and team leads that have assigned tasks or projects.
• Drive periodic performance reviews and “check-ins” with team members (two (2) to four (4) times per month).
• Be accountable for overall program success including performance management, people management and participation in any human resources (HR) support as required by client
• Track program delivery using metrics, contract scope and requirements, and service level agreement (SLA).
• Conduct periodic operational review meetings.
• Meet with client stakeholders regularly and as required by client to collect program feedback.
• Manage ad-hoc requests for data and reports from client
• Oversee projects, process improvements, and implementation of strategic initiatives.
• Oversee the safety of the team and implement safe working practices.
• Responsible to oversee day-to-day operations of the managed service, including but not limited to:
• Queue management: responding to inbound requests for Services, managing backlog.
• Workload management: balancing and distributing workload across Vendor workers, notifying
• Client in the case where bursts in demand may lead to project delays, developing mitigation plans for cases where team members are unexpectedly unavailable.
• Develop a set of KPIs (or metrics) to manage the health of the managed service and allowing for input from client Project Manager.
• Shall seek out and recommend process improvements in order to proactively drive increased productivity, customer satisfaction, and overall program efficiency.
• Shall conduct a stand-up meeting client stakeholders on mutually defined cadence basis to provide status of operations and project schedules.
Experience and Skills Required:
• Minimum 4+ years of experience in managing telecom operator lab environments
• Must has 5+ years of experience in managing team 10 – 12 engineers
• Experience in managing test plans and drive test environments successfully